Announcement - Gmail Outage Explanation
On September 23rd, many Gmail users were receiving messages slowly, and some of their attachments were unavailable. The message delivery delays were triggered by a dual network failure, where 2 redundant networks failed. Google has assured us they are taking steps to ensure sufficient network capacity, including backup capacity for Gmail, even in the event of a rare dual network failure. Even including this event, Gmail remains well above 99.9% available, and we intend to keep it that way!
Notable new features include:
- Monitor user logins, storage consumption and apps usage with the Admin SDK
- Quickoffice Acquired - Share & edit files with people that heaven't made the switch to Google Docs.
- Real-time data in BigQuery -using new API calls, you can stream & query real-time data.
- 4 New Google Form Customizations
- Login Audit - view all web browser based logins with IP information
- Authorized Applications - list of all 3rd party applications that users have shared data with
- Storage Quota - total usage and split by gmail, drive, G+ photos
- Google+ Usage - 1-day, 7-day, 30-day active G+ usage in your domain
Quickoffice AcquiredQuickoffice is now free as a mobile app for Google Apps customers and anyone with a Google account. Now everyone can edit Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint files on your iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet. Quickoffice is integrated with Google Drive so you can safely and easily store and access your files across devices. (More info)
Google Play Store
iTunes App Store
Real-time data in BigQueryA new API call allows enables the ability to store data as it comes in, rather than using a separate system to collect and store prior to upload. This also means that the data is available for instant query. That's real-time analysis! (More info)
Watch recorded On-Air Hangout about how retailers are using BigQuery.
4 New Google Form Customizations
- Progress Bar - just check the option in the form settings tab to give users a sense of how much of your survey is left
- Form data validation - create a new text questions, then click on Data Validation tab.
- Embed YouTube Videos directly into your form
- Add custom messages to closed forms - add your own message and instructions to forms which are "not accepting responses"